The goal of the GEPES programme is to develop innovation and collective impact in public engagement within genome editing. We aim to bring together those with experience of engaging (or supporting others to engage) the public in genome editing and related fields, to synthesise learning, create tools to be shared, and to encourage high quality public engagement with genome editing.
The project aims to develop:
- A comprehensive map highlighting existing public engagement activity;
- A framework to help elicit collective learning about public engagement with genome editing, including public attitudes to this area;
- Recommendations for the future of public engagement with genome editing;
- Resources for those wanting to engage including toolkits, guides and case studies;
- Training modulesto support researchers and public engagement professionals seeking to engage the public;
As a result of the project we hope to inspire new activity, filling the gaps identified from the desk research.
If you work in this field, your expertise and knowledge is vital in progressing public engagement in genome editing. Find out more and get involved - https://www.publicengagement.ac.uk/genome-editing-public-engagement-synergy-gepes
Image courtesy Wellcome Genome Campus - yourgenome.org