This page explains the NCCPE privacy notice and how we will use and protect any information about you that you give to us. It was last updated in February 2023.
This notice applies to the NCCPE website and all online surveys, signup forms, events and projects coordinated by us, the National Co-ordinating Centre for Public Engagement (NCCPE). We will process your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as applied, enacted and amended in UK law. The NCCPE is hosted jointly by the University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) and University of Bristol, who are the joint data controllers.
What information do we collect and why?
When you use the NCCPE website, information about your usage is automatically collected. This will usually include your operating system, browser, IP Address (a number assigned to your computer to identify it on the network), geographical location, the pages which you browse, how you were led you to the current page, and your software and aspects of its configuration. This information is available to web service administrators.
This information is processed in a way which does not identify individuals. We also collect some personal data through our website, for example through our web form submissions.
Your personal information
We collect and process some of your personal information for the following purposes:
- Processing your application for NCCPE events and programmes
- Email updates from the NCCPE about public engagement news, events and opportunities
- Sending you the NCCPE newsletter and campaigns
- Gathering your views and feedback on the NCCPE's work
- Event photographs for the NCCPE image bank, used on our website, social media and in printed publications
We will not process personal information unless you give us your consent to do so.
How do we share personal information?
We sometimes work with freelance consultants, associates, and partner organisations to manage our projects and events. Personal information may be transferred to them in order to assist in their work with us. In these cases, a data processing agreement will be in place.
You can unsubscribe from receiving the NCCPE newsletter and request removal of your data at any time.
To maintain and improve the quality of our website we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google") which records how visitors use the website using cookies.
The NCCPE website is managed by Big Blue Door, with whom we have a data processing agreement in place.
We use Microsoft Office 365 applications for emails, file storage and contact relationship management. Any personal information processed by these applications will be done so in accordance with Jisc’s Cloud Services for Education Agreement with Microsoft.
Please be aware that information you share via comment sections or web pages could be distributed or used in ways you did not intend. For example, if you disclose your mobile phone number in a comment section, another user could copy that phone number and distribute it to others without your permission. Please exercise caution in sharing information via web pages that you would not wish to be made public.
Users under 16
If you are aged 16 or under, you must not enter personal information on our web pages without the approval of a parent or guardian.
How long will we retain your information?
Your information will be retained for up to 10 years, except in the case of photographs, which will be held in the NCCPE image bank indefinitely. You may contact NCCPE Enquiries at any time to request that your information, including any photographs of you, are deleted.
Your rights and choices
In respect to your personal data held by us, you have the following qualified rights to:
- access it
- receive it in a structured machine readable format
- rectify it if it is not accurate or complete
- erase it, for example by removing your consent
- restrict its processing
- object to its processing
- complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
To find out more or to exercise any of these rights, please contact the UWE Bristol Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com.
- For questions about this privacy notice or NCCPE online forms, please contact the NCCPE team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For data protection queries, please write to the Data Protection Officer at UWE Frenchay Campus, Coldharbour Lane, Bristol, BS16 1QY or email@example.com
- For complaints, please contact the UWE Bristol Complaints team