The NCCPE’s annual Engage Conference is taking place on the 3rd & 4th December in Bristol.
We are in a new venue this year, with workshop rooms across 5 floors. As such we need a bigger team to ensure the smooth running of workshops and make sure that our delegates are really well looked after. We are looking for volunteers to support the NCCPE team for one morning or one afternoon of the conference.
Roles may include:
- Staffing the main registration desk
- Dealing with enquiries from delegates and speakers
- Providing support on different floors of the conference venue (e.g. ensuring signage is accurate, helping delegates and speakers locate rooms, helping to set up and set down rooms).
- Timekeeping e.g. Informing speakers that their session is coming to an end. Keeping to time is a really important aspect of the conference - we are very keen to ensure sessions don’t over run.
- Being in charge of roving mics in the plenary sessions
- Encouraging delegates to attend sessions
- Attending sessions and providing support/ dealing with any issues that arise
- Providing general support for the NCCPE team
Volunteers will need to:
- Be polite, friendly and helpful to all persons involved in the conference. The NCCPE aims to provide the best possible experience for our conference delegates, and your support in this is key.
- Become familiar with the conference programme and layout of the hotel
- Report any issues to NCCPE staff
- Wear a blue sash indicating that you are a volunteer
If you are interested in this role, please complete the application form by Friday 14th November at midday.
Please note that volunteers will get a free place at both days of the conference, but will only be asked to volunteer for one morning or one afternoon enabling you to participate in sessions of interest to you. Volunteers will be required to cover their own accommodation and travel costs. If you have already booked your place at the conference but are interested in this role, we can refund your fee.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.