#PEPTogether monthly online get-togethers
As we try to make sense of what is happening in the world, in the UK, in our universities, in our neighbourhoods, in our lives, we think it is important to create space to think together. Since March 2020, the PEPtogethers have provided such a rich place to engage together, to share some of the highs and lows of life during a pandemic; and to support one another as we adapt to new ways of working, thinking and doing. The NCCPE have been delighted to work with the sector to create spaces for really useful conversation, which you can see summarised in the reports below.
We are now running monthly online PEPtogether for members of the PEP Network – so do join us if you haven’t already (it’s free!). If you would like to participate in the monthly events, but aren’t able to join the network, we will be delighted to welcome you as a guest. You’ll just need to let us know you are coming.
Thursday 15th October, 11:00 - 12:30
'Spooky PE Tales' will give everyone a safe space to share stories of public engagement which haven't gone so well. As the nights draw in, let’s come together to share our scary PE tales, and reflect on our lessons learned in small groups. Think of an example to share, if you dare! Please join us online in Blackboard Collaborate from 11.00 - 12.30 on Thursday 15th October.
The link to join is available on the PEP Network slack channel. If you aren't a member but would like to join us, please email Anja - Anja2.Dalton@uwe.ac.uk
Thanks to those of you who have been joining us for our #PEPTogethers. You can find notes from previous sessions below:
- Thursday 26th of March: A short summary of our collective ideas and discussions
- Thursday 2nd of April: An overview of news from NCCPE and smaller discussion groups
- Thursday 9th of April: An overview of news, and a summary of our discussions about online training
- Thursday 23rd April: Notes from this session, exploring community engagement and what communities are looking for in our current context
- Thursday 30 April: Notes from this session exploring the Civic Agenda and how it links to public engagement
- Thursday 7th May: Notes from our session exploring Ethics in Engagement
- Thursday 21st May: Celebrating PEP stories - read the blog post and hear the stories
- Thursday 4th June: Notes from the presentations and discussions about Hyperlocal Engagement
- Thursday 18th June: Scenario planning for an uncertain future
- Thursday 2nd July: The role of Public Engagement in universities’ responses to COVID19
Thursday 16th July: Addressing Inequality and Inclusion – Black Lives Matter. We have pulled together some useful resources to help PE Professionals address the issues and opportunities arising from the Black Lives Matters movement - view the Padlet board here, and add your own resource and ideas for action.
- Thursday 30th July: Sharing lockdown stories, planning the NCCPE research project, and looking to the future