UKCPN Principles of Practice
The UK Community Partner Network has put together a draft Principles of Practice for community-university partnership working.
What do we mean by community-university partnership working? A specific and organised activity, action or project which involves and is intended to benefit both the local community and the university. Community-university partnerships can take many forms including, but not limited to:
- Design and implementation of research
- Participation in research
- Activities or placements for student learning
- Advice or training or service evaluations
- Access to and use of university facilities
The following principles outlined in this document, from 2015, are intended to equip all parties in community-university partnerships with clear foundations for clarifying expectations on which to build their working relationship.