Applications for the Engage Watermark 2024
Applications are now open for the Engage Watermark 2024 at institutional or faculty level.
The Engage Watermark award is granted by the National Co-ordinating Centre for Public Engagement (NCCPE) to higher education institutions in recognition of their strategic support for public engagement and their commitment to improve the support oﬀered. Just as a watermark runs through the fabric of a document, an Engage Watermark indicates that engagement runs through the fabric of an institution.
Institutions undertaking the Engage Watermark receive a synthesis of key data relating to their institution, highlighting core strengths as well as areas for development. The intelligence gathered provides a rich source of evidence to strengthen the institution’s support for impactful public engagement.
Not just an award, the Watermark is a developmental process which will provide:
- a focussed ‘stock take’ of existing evidence of the impact of your support for engagement
- targeted insights to build a more robust picture of public engagement across the institution
- a synthesis of evidence gathered, reviewed by an external expert organisation and benchmarked against other HEIs
- a clear set of recommendations and prompts to inform a refreshed action plan
- an assessment of your action plan and the underpinning evidence base
- the opportunity to demonstrate to staff, students, partners and funders the institution’s commitment to public engagement
- compelling evidence to underpin funding applications, REF submissions, and other quality assurance processes
Applications must be received by 20th October
If you still have questions about the Engage Watermark or would like some more information, please get in touch: email@example.com