Professional development for engagement staff, realising their potential as change agents
The Engage Academy cohort meets in Bristol for three two-day sessions that explore the role of PURPOSE, PROCESS and PEOPLE in underpinning engagement excellence. Each meeting combines presentations led by individuals prominent within the engagement, funding and policy communities; practical workshops; and opportunities for peer-supported learning. Mentors with expertise in public engagement strategy, culture change, evaluation, and community engagement are available to provide one-to-one support.
We are now fully booked for the 2017/2018 Academy
- 17-18 May 2017; 20-21 September 2017; 17-18 January 2018
- M-Shed, Bristol
The Academy is aimed primarily at those working to embed high quality engagement with research in their institution. It is suitable for individuals based within a higher education institution in the UK, whose role focuses on public engagement with research/involves responsibility for supporting public engagement with research within a department and/or institution. In order to attend, you must have the support of your departmental/institutional lead.
- £950 NB. participants need to cover their own travel and accommodation
- Wellcome Trust bursaries
- The Wellcome Trust offered a limited number of bursaries to support attendance at the NCCPE Engage Academy 2017/18, covering £750 of the £950 course fee.
- Enriched understanding of the wider engagement landscape - including the history; national context; and current and future drivers for engagement, such as the impact agenda
- Enhanced knowledge, skills and confidence
- Opportunity to develop a working plan to overcome key challenges
- Access to a mentor and peer support network
A detailed overview of course aims and objectives is available below.