The NCCPE is delighted to have received funding from Arts Council England’s Museum Resilience Fund to lead an 18-month project to maximise the potential for museums and universities to work together to mutually beneficial aims. Developed in partnership with the Share Academy project and Paddy McNulty Associates, this project builds on a successful pilot project which was completed earlier this year.
The pilot project demonstrated how the Higher Education sector can be opened up to smaller and medium sized museums whose unique collections and engagement expertise are often an underutilised resource within the Higher Education sector, whilst at the same time adding value to the work of the museums involved and contributing to their long term resilience. You can find out more about the pilot here and the various publications capturing the learning from the project are available below.
So what will MUPI do?
There are four key strands to the MUPI project which we will deliver between October 2016 and April 2018:
9 regional networking events (or ‘sandpits’) plus two national networking events (one focused on designated collections) to broker partnerships between small and medium sized museums and HEIs
2 symposia to engage a wider community with the learning from the project
A funders’ forum to bring together key investors in museum-university collaboration
Piloting a simple digital matching service
If you would like to find out more or register your interest in receiving regular updates about the project, including invitations to the sandpits and events, please contact Claire Wood (email@example.com)
- Symposium 1, 14 March 2017, NCVO building, London (details)
- Symposium 2, Jan 2018 date and venue tbc
Regional MUPI Match events
- North West Region, 17 February 2017, Manchester Museum (details)
- East of England, 21 February 2017, Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge (details)
- Yorkshire, 16 March 2017, King's Manor, York (details)
- London, 21 March 2017, Quayside Room, Museum of Docklands (details)
- South East Region, 28 March 2017, venue tbc (details) - rescheduled from 8 February
- West Midlands, 26 April 2017, Thinktank, Birmingham (details)
- South West, 3 May 2017, The New Room, Bristol (details)
- North East, 18 May 2017, Northumbria University (details)
- East Midlands, 25 May 2017, Nottingham Trent University Conference Centre (details)
National MUPI sandpits
- Partnerships, London, 7 June 2017
- Designated collections, Birmingham, 14 June 2017, Arts Council Offices, Birmingham