If you can answer yes to both the questions below, you’re in!
- Are you an individual community member or academic, who is linked with a community based organisation or university?
- Do you agree with and support the UKCPN Mission?
Then JOIN US now - it’s simple and it’s free. Sign up to our jiscmail list.
- We use it to let you know about things happening with the UKCPN
- You can use it to send your own information to any of the network members
- A way for everyone in a mailing list to communicate with everyone else
- A great introduction to others in your region or field of expertise
- The best way for UKCPN members to keep up to date with news and events, post questions, comments, ideas and connect up with each other
- Don’t be shy – we promise to respond if you post an email!
Instructions for joining the jiscmail list:
- For those of you who haven’t come across jiscmail before, you join by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Type BLANK into the Subject Field; and type SUBSCRIBE COMMUNITYNET plus your first name and last name into the Message Field. So if your name is Patricia Partner, your email will look like this:
Message: SUBSCRIBE COMMUNITYNET Patricia Partner
- You’ll then get a subscription confirmation which will give you the link to post messages to other group members, and a welcome email from jiscmail. And that’s it! Welcome aboard!
Once you are signed up to the jiscmail list, you will also receive quarterly newsletters from the UKCPN.
Why get involved?
Here’s a taste of what we would like to see happen:
- Spaces to share learning and great practice to inspire one another
- More local and regional events, to increase access and opportunities to meet, share and network
- Community partner voices at HE policy and practice decision making tables
- Meaningful links with others supporting community partners here and abroad
- Opportunities to discuss new ways of working
- Guidance on ways to negotiate the different cultures, agree and manage expectations
- Partnerships that strive to be equitable and work to share power
- Better arrangements for properly funded community partner involvement
- Increased awareness of the capacity needed to partner well
- Improved communication about what’s involved and how
- Reliable infrastructure support for ongoing community partner support
- Sharing standards and good practice ways to involve students
- Resources written for community partners by community partners
The UKCPN want to open up new channels for community partners to participate. We need your help to tackle the challenges of effective partnership work – and find creative solutions.