Professional development for the UK Acoustic Network (UKAN) in public engagement
Please read the UKAN Impactful Public Engagement Programme invitation here before you complete this form. Completed forms must be received by 16:00 on 14th April 2022.
This form cannot be saved and returned to at a later date, and cannot be retrieved in the event of an internet connection error or timeout, so please prepare your words in a separate document.
We seek to make our programmes fully accessible to all. The application form includes a space to outline any accessibility requirements you might require. The programme will be delivered using the following tools. Instructions on how to use each tool will be provided.
- Live captions will be available
- Facilitators will regularly summarise discussions in the chat function
- Regular screen breaks will be programmed into the agenda, and will be adhered to
- The sessions will be recorded for programme participants to watch again, or access if they were unable to attend the full session
- Slides used in the presentations will be shared in advance (at least 1 week before the session)
- Video webinars with audio narration and closed captions
- Online networking through Basecamp
- Webpages, documents and Padlet boards for self-directed learning
You can read the NCCPE’s Accessible and Inclusive Practice Guidelines here.
Applications will be assessed by UKAN and NCCPE based on their potential benefit to the applicant.
In addition, we will select applicants to ensure a balance of different perspectives, disciplines, expertise and affiliations. We hope that the full cohort will have spread across UKAN’s remit, including those from university, industry and the third sector.
You and your professional development, your research or work, other people (e.g. colleagues, students, collaborators, partners, publics?)
(up to 200 words)
Feel free to share hopes for your engagement practice or for the wider sector
Terms and Condtions
Please note if you disagree with the guidelines, we will not be able to pursue your application. Therefore, if you have ticked disagree - please tell us why, and we will be in touch to see how we can address your concerns.
To submit, please click on the button below. You will receive confirmation of your application by email.
If you have any questions in the meantime please contact Manjula Halai, NCCPE Project Officer email@example.com