Now in their fourth year, the Wellcome Trust Engagement Fellowships aim to support and develop upcoming stars in public engagement with science.
Engagement Fellowships champion the leaders of tomorrow by fostering the most promising developing talent. The Trust are looking for individuals with a strong track record of engaging the public with ideas around biomedical science and/or medical humanities, who want to make a step-change in their careers.
- to accelerate and enhance the careers of talented people, propelling them to become the public engagement leaders of tomorrow
- to enable Fellows to investigate and shape best practice in public engagement
- to raise the profile and prestige of public engagement both in the Fellow’s field of work and in the biomedical sciences more widely
- to foster a network of influential public engagement ambassadors within biomedical science
- financial support for up to two years, covering salary or salary buyout (on a full- or part-time basis)
- project costs
- training, where appropriate
- access to office space and facilities at the Wellcome Trust for the duration of the Fellowship, as well as membership of the Wellcome Collection club, Henry’s
- opportunities to work with Wellcome Trust staff to develop project ideas, where appropriate
The deadline for preliminary applications is 21 February 2014.
Please visit the Wellcome Trust website for more details.