The 2017B call for STFC Public Engagement Spark Awards is now open for applications. The call closes at 16:00 on 26 October 2017.
STFC Spark Award holders undertake high quality programmes of novel public engagement that inspire and involve target audiences with stories of STFC science and technology. The maximum funding available for a Spark Award is £15,000.
STFC wants to:
- Encourage and support novel, high-quality public engagement activities that highlight STFC’s science and technology
- Introduce STFC science and technology to new audiences
- Highlight the achievements of STFC science and technology, demonstrating the excitement of research and the value of STEM to the UK
STFC's expectations of Spark Award holders are:
- Delivering high-quality public engagement activities during the lifetime of the award
- Championing STFC science and technology, including the impact of science and technology on society
- Interacting with STFC’s public engagement and communication teams, including participation in STFC networks, events, and advisory structures when requested