The Midland, Manchester
The established annual Vitae Researcher Development International Conference is the largest dedicated event that brings together all those with a strategic and practical role in developing researchers.
The conference will address the strategic and practical implications of the following themes:
- policy developments relating to doctoral education and employing researchers
- building institutional capacity for researchers' professional development to maintain research excellence
- demonstrating the value of researcher development on research outputs, researcher careers, economic prosperity and society
- sustainable practice to support researcher skills, professional and career development.
Participants at the conference will:
- explore the political context for researcher development
- discuss strategic and practical ways of sustaining professional and career development for research staff and postgraduate researchers
- access the latest policy information and research
- share ideas and practice with a network of colleagues who have a stake in developing researchers.