The Wellcome Trust are looking for a Senior Project Manager to manage their £6m UK-wide public engagement and education initiative on Food and Drink, as well as other smaller projects, covering maternity leave for 12 months.
The Food and Drink project is the third large-scale public engagement initiative that the Wellcome Trust has run. It aims to encourage the UK public to make links between environment, nutrition and health, focusing on the need to maintain a sustainable global food system. As well as having a thorough evaluation, the initiative will also have a research strand to investigate its impact on participants' food behaviours and intentions.
The Senior Project Manager role will involve:
- Providing overall leadership to the Food and Drink initiative
- Operational oversight of the initiative, including project management of all work packages which will be delivered by external contractors, and risk management
- Leadership and project management of the Adults, Impact and Evaluation workstreams
- Establishing and maintaining partnerships and opportunities both within the Trust and beyond
- Managing a team of two direct reports and temporary staff
- Forecasting and day-to-day management of a £6m budget (allocated until 2017)
- Developing and overseeing dissemination strategies
- Managing elements of legacy work from previous initiatives and a limited number of other directly funded projects across the UK
- Undertaking any other duties that may be required from time to time.
For further details and how to apply, please visit the Wellcome trust website.
Deadline: 23 January 2015