The UK Research Councils (RCUK) is seeking applicants for the post of 'Policy Manager - Public Engagement with Research'. The post is based within the RCUK Strategy Unit, hosted by EPSRC.
The RCUK Public Engagement with Research (PER) team develops and delivers joint strategy and policies, and public engagement programmes across the Research Councils. As Policy Manager you will be responsible for delivering, coordinating and facilitating the development of a portfolio of team projects and providing support in development and delivery of future activities.
- Maintaining an overview of public engagement and schools activities supported by the Research Councils, Government and others, and identifying, promoting and supporting collaboration and the sharing of best practice
- Developing relationships cross Council and with key delivery organisations, such as the UK Funding Councils, BIS, British Science Association, National Science Learning Centre, National College for Schools Leadership and Learned Societies and Academies
To apply you’ll need:
- An understanding of issues relating to public engagement, research and secondary education
- The ability to network, negotiate, influence and facilitate dialogue both among and between the Research Councils, coupled with team building skills and the ability to handle contentious issues with sensitivity and tact
- Initiative, strategic thinking and the analytical ability to identify and evaluate opportunities for collaborative working across and between the Councils and other organisations
- A good track record of project management - managing contracts, grants, projects and budgets, and evaluating projects and programmes
A full job description and personal specification is available via the following website.
Closing date for applications is 14 October 2014.