We are currently inviting contributions to our conference, Engage 2016, which will take place on the 29th & 30th November in Bristol. We are looking for workshops, interactive experiences, dialogue events, performances, and conversations that catalyse new ways of thinking. Contributions must contribute to one or more of the following themes:
- Culture change: creating a culture where engagement is valued and supported
- Effective practice: sharing insights into high quality engagement practice
- Engaged research: creating impactful research
- Engaged students: the role of engagement within teaching and learning
- New ideas: taking our thinking forward about the role of engagement within higher education
Contributions can be formatted as either a 1 hour workshop; or a 10 minute interactive contribution. Please describe how you will make your contribution engaging and relevant to our delegates. Ten minute contributions can be story telling; demonstrations; performances; presentations etc. Please note that these contributions will be combined to create 30 minute sessions involving 2 contributions – with the extra 10 minutes for questions and discussion.
The deadline for submissions is 13th September (midnight). We will notify you if you have been successful by 10th October.
Please note that workshop facilitators will need to be able to cover their costs for attending Engage 2016, as we are sadly unable to offer reductions. We will however offer a small number of bursaries to support community-based organisations to participate in the conference - this will be advertised in September.