Training: British Science Association - Media Fellowships
- Accredited Course
- Who for:
- Scientists, social scientists, clinicians and engineers
- Further information:
Fellowships are offered to practising scientists, social scientists, clinicians and engineers and provide placements working with national press, broadcast or internet journalists with the aim of building understanding between science and society. During placements of between 3 to 8 weeks, fellows learn to work within the conditions and constraints of the media to produce accurate and well-informed pieces about developments in science.
You are eligible to apply for the scheme if you:
- Are a scientist, clinician, social scientist or engineer
- Have a minimum of 2 years postgraduate experience in your field
- Have a UK work contract until December 2011 (or June 2012 if you are not a UK citizen)
- Work at any level in an academic or research institution, industry, civil service or any other similar organisation
For details about the scheme, including an online application form, visit the British Science Association Website.