We believe that universities can make a positive difference though engaging with society. Our vision is of universities deeply engaged with society: where knowledge, learning and expertise move more freely between higher education institutions and the wider world. Therefore we aim to inspire and equip universities to make a difference through their engagement.
We work on three broad fronts to achieve our vision:
- Supporting excellent public engagement practice
- Creating the conditions for public engagement to thrive in universities
- Building strong networks and partnerships to amplify our impact
As the organisation flourishes, we are keen to ensure that what we offer is suitable to our target audiences, and that we are adapting our provision to meet emergent needs. Our core funders are keen to see evidence that people want to use our services, and that we can bring in funding from institutions to support this work. Therefore we have decided to take stock of the work we currently do, to test out our current provision, and to explore if and how it should change.
Our first focal point in this exercise is training and continuing professional development (CPD). The NCCPE has developed a range of resources to support capacity building in the sector, across our three main areas of work. We see the training courses as an introduction to an institution, and an opportunity to develop and enhance our relationship with them. We are also keen for people to see excellent training in practice.
We're interested in hearing from a range of different voices including:
- Public engagement professionals and supporters in the sector
- Researchers with a variety of experiences of public engagement
- Members of our public engagement ambassador scheme and other public engagement networks
- Funders of research and public engagement
- Organisational leaders and champions of public engagement
There are a number of ways to get involved: