Bristol University Graduate School of Education
35 Berkley Square, Bristol, BS8 1JA
Theme 1: Education, Children and Young People
Goodlab South West builds partnerships between Higher Education Institutions & organisations that deliver social impact - to create mutual benefit, foster innovation and support positive social change. Supported by University of the West of England & University of Bristol.
Through leading examples of cross sector research projects this event will outline the funding available to resource new research, offer insights into forming successful partnerships and create an exchange of ideas with new partners.
- Sarah Griffiths, PhD Researcher, School of Experimental Psychology, University of Bristol is speaking on the development of tablet app supporting emotional recognition for children with autism. In partnership with commercial digital developer & Fosse Way School.
- Matt Little, MD, Real Ideas Organisation (RIO) is speaking on RIO's work supporting educational organisations, in partnership with academia. The challenges & opportunities of HEI & social sector partnerships and key factors to ensure success.
- Dr Lauren Devine & Stephen Parker, Co-Directors, Interdisciplinary & Expert Evidence Network. Department of Law, UWE is speaking on ERSC funded transformative research into child protection strategy & new social venture the SAFER Initiative.
- Briefings: On the latest funding and support available to resource your work
- Exchange new ideas & network: An open space to update attendees on your organisation or research. Let us know if you'd like to talk for a few minutes
This event is for:
- Academics, staff, researchers and students interested in using their academic value for public benefit
- Any organisation working with children, young people and in education interested in working with Higher Education to achieve their aims
Other themed events in this series:
- Creative Industries
- Cleantech /Environmental Goods & Services