The NCCPE seeks to support a culture change in the HEI sector through our vision, mission and aims.
...is of a higher education sector making a vital, strategic and valued contribution to 21st-century society through its public engagement activity.
...is to support universities to increase the quality and impact of their public engagement activity.
Our three strategic aims:
1. Inspire a shift in culture
- By supporting universities in bringing about strategic change that embeds public engagement
- By identifying, developing and disseminating evidence-informed practice
2. Increase capacity for public engagement
- By brokering and encouraging the sharing of effective practice
- By capturing learning from the beacons and beyond and sharing it widely
3. Build effective partnerships to encourage partners to embed public engagement in their work
- By informing, influencing and interpreting policy
- By raising the status of public engagement