Working from gene to field is what Rothamsted Research is all about. And we've been at it for more than 170 years, much longer than any other agricultural research institute in the world. Our founders were the pioneers of modern agriculture, and we are known for our imaginative science and collaborative influence on fresh thinking and farming practices.
The Institute’s Public Engagement Manager will be responsible for leading and delivering effective public engagement activities across internal and external stakeholder groups by:
- Developing a strategy that embeds public engagement within the culture of the Institute
- Leading and executing an action plan for public engagement activities across the Institute
- Ensuring data on events are captured and evaluated against the objectives of the strategy
- Engaging with schools and other educational organisations
- Working with the STEM ambassadors in the Institute and providing support and training to staff
The role requires excellent written and oral communication and strong creative skills to develop accessible, interactive and visually attractive public engagement activities. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, be a team player and be able to both lead and work within teams to deliver against tight deadlines.They will be highly organised and be able to inspire whilst also being attentive to detail. A previous track record in science public engagement relating to plant and animal science, food or agriculture would be highly advantageous.