Focus Group Invitation: CPD framework for Business & Community Engagement
- 11 May 2011
AURIL and JISC are running a series of focus groups to shape the development of a new national framework to support continuing professional development for Business and Community Engagement (BCE). They are looking for people to take part in the events.
Whether BCE activities form your whole role or only part of it, whether these activities are formally recognised or not, they would welcome your input.
Dates and Locations
Further details and booking are below:
18 May - London - http://bit.ly/hsNz0g
25 May - Bristol - http://bit.ly/eIFXQU
26 May - Birmingham - http://bit.ly/eUoDk8
1 June - Newcastle - http://bit.ly/giOJu2
6 June - Edinburgh - http://bit.ly/icbepO
15 June - Manchester - http://bit.ly/ewpnlR
- What makes a successful BCE practitioner? What skills knowledge and attributes are required?
- How best should CPD supported?
- What type of framework would be most useful?
- How are your CPD needs currently supported?
Who is it for?
The focus events are open to all staff involved in BCE activities in higher and further education, Public Sector Research Establishments (PSREs) including Research Councils and Beacons for Public Engagement.
During the event attendees will have:
- Considered their own job role, activities and the skills and attributes required
- Discussed organisational strengths and weaknesses in supporting professional development for BCE
- Evaluated approaches to the new CPD framework
- Contributed to an important national initiative