Student Volunteering Initiative - Launch Event
- Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 09:30 - 15:00
Birmingham University Guild of Students
Please note that registration has now closed but you can still be added to the waiting list, we will then contact you should a place become available.
The NCCPE Student Volunteering Initiative, funded by v, has been set up to provide evidence of the impact of volunteering on students, communities and universities, and to galvanise a step change in the quantity, quality and diversity of student volunteering.
- To introduce the NCCPE Student Volunteering Initiative, the work we have done so far, and our future plans.
- To launch our pilot project fund, and provide information about the purpose of the fund and how you can apply for funding.
- To present our research on student volunteering, plans for future research, and opportunities for you to be involved.
- To provide delegates with an opportunity to network, share your experiences and expertise, and help shape the development of our programme.
Pilot Project Fund
We will also be launching our Pilot Project Fund at the event. We will be inviting bids from HEIs to develop new activity which will advance our learning about student volunteering within one or more of the following themes:
- Consolidating best practice
- Tackling gaps and barriers
- Promoting innovation and growth
Between £5,000 and £10,000 will be available for each project and although v funding is only available to HEIs in England, additional funding will be provided from the National Co-ordinating Centre for Public Engagement (NCCPE) to support proposals from HEIs in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Workshops at the event will enable you to explore the three key themes, what they mean, and how you might develop an innovative project around these areas.
Registration is now closed but you can still be added to the waiting list.
The event is open to anyone, but is likely to be of particular interest to:
- Staff in HEIs or Students' Unions with responsibility for student volunteering
- Students or student officers involved in running volunteering projects
- Academic or administrative staff in HEIs with an interest in service learning, student development or community engagement