Legacies of War 1914-18/2014-18
University of Leeds
The Legacies of War Centenary 1914-18/2014-18 is a project at the University of Leeds run by a team of academics with research interests in the First World War and its multiple legacies. We aim to stimulate innovative individual and collaborative research projects and create and foster partnerships between the university and museums, galleries, cinemas, theatres, libraries and a broad range of community groups in order to collaborate on centenary events and activities. 'Discovering First World War Heritage' is a follow-on project to 'Legacies of War', and aims to support and enhance six Heritage Lottery Funded All Our Stories projects, which have the First World War as a sole or partial focus. We aim to do this by:
1) Providing training in archival and genealogical research, helping the projects to realise their aims of discovering First World War heritage.
2) Supporting and widening access to local and national archives, libraries and museums
3) Providing forums that provide excellent opportunities for genuine knowledge exchange, allowing groups to share findings and engage in discussion and debate with HEI researchers
4) Offering remote, virtual and face-to-face support that can be tailored according to the needs of individual projects
5) Hosting a website and facebook page in which grantees can capture their learning, communicate with researchers and with each others, and present their findings to a broader public.