The Royal Society is looking for a new Public Engagement Officer to deliver their public engagement programme effectively and efficiently, ensuring that it fulfils the aims of their Public Engagement Strategy.
This comprises events and activities that the Society organises itself and also supporting events and activities organised by third party partners. All Royal Society events and activities need to maximise impact with target audiences and reinforce the Society’s position as the leading scientific organisation in the UK. The post will have responsibility for delivering some of the following activities:
- public lectures and debates, including regional activities and events in collaboration with other organisations
- the annual programme of history of science public engagement
- the Royal Society’s Summer Science Exhibition
- the Meet the Scientists programme to support scientists doing public engagement
- the awarding of prizes and associated events, including Book Prizes
- marketing and online communication;
- other events or activities which may arise from time to time.
The work associated with the above activities will be divided between all the Public Engagement Officers, with each Officer taking a particular responsibility for some aspects of the section's work. The Public Engagement Officer will also be expected to contribute to other projects outside their remit to aid the section’s activities as a whole.
The deadline for applications is 12th March 2018.